Microblading Eyebrows Treatment in Coquitlam BC
Eyebrows are the frame of your face and draw attention to your eyes. So when they think, whether it’s due to overzealous plucking, age, or other reasons, it’s time to take action. If pencils, powders, and stencils aren’t working for you, achieving permanent brows with microblading, a safe and professional aesthetic tattoo technique, may just be the solution you’ve been looking for.
Well-shaped eyebrows change your face and define your features. Microblading is ideal for women who want to look good all day, early in the morning to late at night. We welcome microblading patients who live in Coquitlam and all surrounding areas like Port Moody, Burnaby, New West Minister, Surrey, Vancouver. Your initial appointment includes a consultation, numbing cream application, the microblading treatment, and proper aftercare instructions.
The Detail of Microblading Treatment
The treatment takes time and attention. Block off at least 3 hours for your appointment. Pre-procedure care is important (i.e. avoid blood thinners unless prescribed by your doctor.)
Some itching and redness are possible immediately after your treatment and the area will look very defined and dark until the area heals and scabs are shed.
|Did You Know
Microblading is a technique that originated in Asia 25 years ago before making its way to Europe, Canada, and the United States
|What You Need To Know
Good post-procedure care is essential and touch-up appointments are required. Follow the pre- and post-care instructions we share with you closely.
What is Microblading
It uses a small, handheld device with tiny needles that penetrate the skin at various levels while inputting ink. This is a great treatment to get done every 1-2 years to maintain beautiful long-lasting brows.
If you’re not quite ready for tattoo eyebrows, you still have options. If you’re tired of the lengthy process of filling in your brows with pencils, gels, liners, and powders every day, get a natural treatment. Microbladed eyebrows deliver natural-looking, full and semi-permanent eyebrows you love without the daily grind of making them up or the lifelong commitment of getting a tattoo.
- If you want to live with perfectly shaped eyebrows for a long time
- If you want to look beautiful while you exercise, swim, and doing other daily activities
- If you no longer want to draw on or fill in your eyebrows every day
- If you like to have attractive natural-looking eyebrows that can make a drastic change to your looks
- If you like that your eyes will be flawlessly encircled
- If you like to get the perfect shape for your eyebrows that perfectly fit your special facial features
- If you like to simplify your regular beauty routine
Microblading Free Consultation
We will work together to discuss your goals, preferences, shape of your brows, and the problem areas you wish to address. Also, we will discuss the effect you wish to achieve and your preferred brow shape and design. If you have any concerns, we will be happy to address them and help you decide on a treatment plan that will work for you.
If you want effortlessly gorgeous brows
contact us today to set up a free consultation
[Call Us Now]
Microblading Before and After
The first day (dry, normal skin)
For the first 4 hours every 30 minutes, you must wipe with a sterile gauze pad. After the first 4 hours, you must then rinse the eyebrows with warm water and mild soap (baby soap), without stretching the skin. When you rinse the skin it must be done in a gentle circular motion on the eyebrows until the skin feels clean.
First day for (oily skin)
For the first 4 hours every 30 minutes, you must wipe with a sterile gauze pad. After the first 4 hours, you must then rinse the eyebrows with warm water and mild soap (baby soap), without stretching the skin. You will not apply any ointment until day 2. Rinsing and application are repeated only once a day at night time for the next 7-10 days until scabbing has occurred. Please note when applying ointment eyebrows should not look greasy, the purpose of the ointment is so the skin is hydrated.
- You’ll leave the office with light scarring, which usually heals completely within one week.
- You have to cover your brows with an antibacterial ointment for the first 24 hours to ensure you remain infection-free.
- You shouldn’t get your micro bladed eyebrows wet for that first week, either.
- You have to allow the pigment to settle.
- If you plan on exercise that may result in sweating, cover your brows with ointment for the whole first week.
- Don’t pick at the little scars that form in your brows; allow them to naturally fall away.
- Avoid makeup and lotions with glycolic acid; they may cause the pigments to fade.
Other than that, you can return to your normal, everyday life. Our specialists can answer your questions about eyebrow microblading. But after your eyebrow procedure, your proud selfies can show off the permanent makeup eyebrows results.
Microblading treatment procedure
- During the first hour, we will work together to draw your new brows until you’re happy with every detail.
- We apply numbing cream so you are 100-percent comfortable throughout the procedure.
- The pain-free microblading procedure begins.
- Then, we apply mineral-based pigment, which is completely safe for your body.
- After waiting 15-20 minutes for the pigment to settle, we make sure you love your new brows, and you are ready to go!
Be A Certified Microblading Technician
Do you like to be a microblading technician? Our classes are open for registration until otherwise noted full. They’re available through Monday-Sunday within clinic hours and holidays in effect.
What Is Microblading or ‘The Eyebrow Tattoo’?
Microblading is a form of permanent makeup that uses a handheld blade and cosmetic pigment to simulate the appearance of natural eyebrow hair. The pigment is placed in the dermal layer of the skin as delicate strokes of hair. A touch up is needed 6 weeks to 3 months after the first appointment. The hair strokes can last anywhere from 1-3 years depending on your skin type and your homecare regimen.
Is Microblading Right For Me?
Microblading is a perfect treatment for anyone looking for a permanent solution to sparse brows. That said, microblading your eyebrows is a commitment and requires diligent pre- and post-care instructions to see the best results.
How long does it last?
Your microbladed brows will last for as long as you maintain them. Usually, about 12-18 months before a touch up is required.
How long does it take?
The procedure takes roughly about 3 hours, depending on how you want your brows to be completed. Please allow a solid 3 and a half-hour window for your appointment. We likely won’t need that much time, but we like to take all the time a client might need.
How often do I need a touch-up?
Touch-ups are recommended every 6 months, to keep the color fresh and the strokes crisp. Some people can go longer before getting a touch-up, so it all depends on you.
Does it hurt?
Some people say that they do not feel anything and all, and some people say there is some discomfort associated with the procedure. A topical anesthetic is used to numb the area and then reapplied as needed.
What should I do after the procedure?
Follow the aftercare instructions given to you. You will also receive an aftercare kit after the treatment is complete.
Do I need to take time off from work?
No. There’s no downtime associated with the treatment. Redness and swelling will dissipate within an hour after. Your brows will appear darker initially, but not so dark that you will be prevented from your activities of daily living.
How long does it take to heal?
Healing time varies from person to person. Usually, it takes about a week to ten days for the epithelial crust to form and slough off (just like a tattoo). Your skin will be considered healed after that happens. Then, the pigment takes some time to settle into the skin. A good month should pass before we consider the process complete.
What’s the process like?
Microblading is a two-step treatment, consisting of an initial procedure and then a perfecting touch-up after 4 to 6 weeks. After we take your before photo, we shape your eyebrows and decide on the color. Shortly after that, a topical anesthetic will be administered to ensure comfort. Once you’re numb, the procedure begins. During healing, it’s normal to experience some pigment loss; this is why we have the touch up in place. The process is considered to be complete 4 weeks after the first touch up.
What can’t I do after the procedure?
The number one thing we cannot stress enough is please DO NOT TOUCH your microbladed brows for at least 7 to 10 days! Touching your brows interrupts the healing process and you will be left with a less than desirable result once your brows have healed. You are also advised to keep the skin clean and dry—that means no swimming, sweating, or otherwise getting the area wet; no tanning or prolonged sun exposure; no picking or peeling the tattoo. You can still wash your hair and face and once they’re healed up, you treat them as your own.
What kind of pigments are used?
All the colors are iron-oxide based and have been approved. A wide range of colors is available so that we can help you choose what works best for your facial and hair color.
What if I don’t like it?
There are several things we can do. Your eyebrows can be modified to a point. We will work with you until you are satisfied with your results. Additional charges may apply, however, there will be no refunds on services already provided as materials were already used, and time set aside for our technicians.
- People who are extremely prone to thin skin, unhealed keloids, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation or Rosacea should not make use of this procedure, because eyebrows microblading punctures the skin. However, an alternative technique can be used, which is a powder method.
- Individuals who have used Botox or fillers in the brow area. It is recommended to get microblading eyebrows first. Another option would be to wait for 4 weeks after the botox procedure.
- People who are in the process of chemotherapy.
- Patients with any kind of skin condition near eyebrows: shingles, rashes, and/or eczema are some of them.
- If you have oily skin. However, patients with less oily skin can make use of other methods that are offered by Manhattan micro-blading eyebrows specialists.
- People under the age of 18
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- People who have dark pre-existing eyebrow tattoos: microblading eyebrows professionals need to assess the previous eyebrow tattoo with no makeup on.